If water damage is not treated right away, mold can develop. Mold can have serious effects on your health, so please contact our Cleveland area mold remediation experts immediately to solve this problem for you!
Mold contamination continues to receive increased attention in the media and is a rapidly growing concern for homeowners, property managers, insurance providers and restoration companies. In the midst of all the hype and hysteria about mold, ServiceMaster Clean is committed to maintaining a reasonable, prudent and responsible position. Mold can grow in as little as 48 hours any time excessive moisture is present indoors, whether the moisture is the result of a flood, a slow leak, a broken pipe, or just high humidity. Indoor mold contamination has been identified as a major contributor to allergies and poor indoor air quality.
Why is mold a problem?
- The colored, fuzzy growth on the surface of a wall, floor, ceiling or other indoor surface is obviously very objectionable.
- Active mold colonies usually emit a very unpleasant, musty odor.
- Because the job of mold is to digest, decay and recycle dead organic matter, it will eventually destroy whatever surface it grows on.
- Exposure to mold spores can cause mild to severe allergic reactions, depending on individual sensitivity.